Propain Plus caplets are over the counter analgesics that provide fast effective pain relief from tension headaches. Propain Plus has four main ingredients:
- Two powerful analgesics (painkillers) Paracetamol and Codeine Phosphate which get straight to work on your thumping headache / pain.
- Caffeine -a mild stimulant speeds up the two analgesics.
- Doxylamine is an antihistamine which helps relax the muscle pain.
Propain Plus if also very effective for:
- Muscular & Rheumatic aches and pains
- Period pain
- Pain following operations & dental surgery
Ingredients (each tablet contains):
Paracetamol BP 450mg, Doxylamine succinate USP 5mg, Caffeine Anhydrous BP 30mg, Codeine Phosphate BP 10mg. Other ingredients include glycerol.
Do not take Propain Plus if:
- You are allergic to Paracetamol, Codeine, Diphenhydramine, Caffeine or any other ingredients in Propain Plus.
- You are taking any other medicines containing Paracetamol, Codeine, Antihistamine or Caffeine (without consulting your doctor).
- You think you may be pregnant or you are breast feeding.
- You suffer from alcoholism.
- You suffer from severe lung disease and difficulty breathing.
- You are at risk from blocked intestine.
- Have raised pressure within your skull.
- You have suffered a head injury.
- You have severe stomach pain.
- Adults and children over 12 years old: one or two caplets every 4-6 hours as required.
- Do not take more than 8 caplets in any 24 hour period.
- Not suitable for children under 12 years old.
- Do not use continuously for more than 3 days without consulting your doctor.
- May cause drowsiness; if affected do not drive or operate machinery.
- Avoid alcoholic drink.
- If symptoms persist or if no relief is obtained with the recommended dosage then you should consult your doctor.
- Can cause addiction.
- For three days use only.
- If you need to take this medicine for more than 3 days you must see your doctor or pharmacist.
- For the short term treatment of acute moderate pain when other painkillers have not worked.
- Do not take less than four hours after taking other painkillers.